Tuesday, January 17, 2017

'Beauty and the Beast' Interview Round-Up #1



Stay up to date on all the latest Beauty and the Beast movie news by following on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram!
January 15th - January 21st

Emma Watson On Her Connection To Belle And The Unconventional Love Story Of Beauty and the Beast
“I loved how she had this relationship with Beast where they were just toe to toe and that to me just seemed like such a dynamic and interesting kind of relationship that I’d never seen before in a fairy tale,” Watson said of Belle and the Beast’s story.

“It was so funny and so romantic but in a way that for me didn't feel contrived in the same way that I think other fairy tales are, in the sense that Beast and Belle really dislike each other in the beginning." 
Read more from Contact Music here.

Emma Watson: "In a strange way, she challenges the status quo of the place she lives in, and I found that really inspiring."
"She remains curious, compassionate and open-minded. And that's the kind of woman I would want to embody as a role model, given the choice. There's this kind of outsider quality that Belle had, and the fact she had this really empowering defiance of what was expected of her. In a strange way, she challenges the status quo of the place she lives in, and I found that really inspiring. She manages to keep her integrity and have a completely independent point of view. She's not easily swayed by other people's perspective—not swayed by fear-mongering or scapegoating."
Read more from Total Film here.

Dan Stevens: "We've Brought Something Fresh The Story Of Beauty And The Beast"
“One of the great things about the animated film is the blend of romance and classic fairytale telling as well as a bit of humour and fun and that’s something we’ve really tried to maintain in this, the romantic side as well as the silliness,” Stevens explained.

“I hope that we will do justice to the love that people have for the animated film and people feel like we’ve taken it on, moved it on a bit, brought something fresh to it, brought I few new songs to it.”

“Something that Bill (Condon, director) and I were really keen to bring out was the sense of this petulant, spoiled child and the sense of sort of entitlement that led to his downfall,” Stevens said.

“It was interesting to introduce that element and see that through and thread it though the Beast’s story and see him cursed not just for having refused a rose, but for all his other traits that he could be damned for,” he added.
Read more from Contact Music here.

Dan Stevens on the Physical Challenges of Playing the Beast
"Physically, the Beast is the most challenging role I've taken on," Stevens told IGN at the 2017 winter TV Critics Association press tour, where he was promoting Legion. "The condition I had to have my body in to puppeteer that suit on stilts was like nothing else I've ever experienced, seriously. The kind of engagement -- and actually a lot of dance involved in that role, albeit on stilts; it was a very, very intense dance training process -- has gotten me more physically engaged with all of my performances in everything else since."
Read more from IGN here.


"We Like Each Other": How Luke Evans Found a New Friend in Josh Gad
'I've not done much comedy in my career, not for the want of trying, and this was my chance to do it', he explained. 'I hadn't thought so much about how the interaction would work with Le Fou and then I met Josh and then I realised that whatever I had in mind that was going to be funny was only going to be emphasised and made better by having the likes of Josh in the scene with me.'
Read more from Contact Music here.

No comments:

Post a Comment